The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for executing a comprehensive human resource strategy as well as managing all day-to-day HR functions. The incumbent will establish credible reputation within the organization and maintain an open dialogue with internal clients and line managers regarding HR programs, policies, and procedures to ensure they satisfy business needs. The position will assist in assessing overall needs and gaps to coach and advise functional leaders, drive the performance management process and utilize the results as a basis for establishing specific, measurable and achievable objectives and developmental plans.
- Partner with senior and executive management to create and execute HR direction; refresh, interpret and communicate HR process/policies/programs to increase organizational effectiveness; oversee and influence roll-out of new HR initiatives and change management strategies in consideration of functional group climate, culture and environment.
- Partner with senior and executive management to assist in establishing employee engagement and manage HR related programs such as Newsletter, New Hire Announcements, Birth Announcements, Networking, Team Events
- Participate and/or facilitate leadership team discussions at all levels and gain the mutual respect and trust of other members for both tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Assist with employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues while ensuring compliance, leveraging employee abilities and managing risk. Effectively investigates issues, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and employment law. Act as liaison between department managers and employees in resolving issues/disputes and conducting internal investigations.
- Oversee the company’s performance management system. Develop an effective and balanced goal setting process with a clear link to the company’s short and long-term goals. Assess and direct annual performance appraisal program and necessary performance improvement plans.
- Evaluate and monitor wage and bonus programs.
- Lead efforts to analyze benefit plan design and administration, ensuring programs are market competitive.
- Create a process for organization planning that evaluates structure, job design, resource forecasting, and succession throughout the business.
- Establish a recruiting strategy and placement practices for all functions of the company. Work with management to understand core competencies needed to drive the business and translate into actionable development programs.
- Ensure all plans and programs are in compliance with Federal, State and/or local requirements.
- Provide counsel on new state or federal requirements.
- Provide counsel on existing policies and how established and new policies may affect the evolving company’s growth and culture.
- New hire onboarding.
- Voluntary or involuntary terminations and exit interviews.
- Create and maintain Training Plan for new hires as well as staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Attend leadership meetings/ management meetings, participate in planning of strategic initiatives and be the voice of HR throughout the company)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HR best practices. Proven ability to lead cross-functional HR projects. Demonstrated knowledge and leadership in all functional HR areas including full cycle recruiting & onboarding, employee relations, compensation & benefits in regards to making offers and determining pay rates and setting benchmarks for compa-ratios throughout each position, training & development, Safety management inclusive of management of Safety Program and Workers Compensation Claims Management/ OSHA Log and reporting and offboarding.
- Previous experience managing full cycle Payroll function. Paylocity super user preferred.
- Ability to learn new technology fast and stay abreast of technology trends as we are working through the pandemic.
- Associates in related field. Bachelors/ Master’s or other advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Certification in Human Resources Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive HR experience in related fields required, preferably as a Human Resources Business Partner/ Human Resource Assistant/ Human Resources Generalist/ Human Resources Manager
- Strong consultative skills: ability to partner with senior managers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications; strong listening skills with people at all organization levels and different cultures; ability to influence people with diverse perspectives
- Must have strong, demonstrated process and problem-solving skills coupled with successful ability to plan, execute, manage and monitor progress.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org