General Summary of Position
Machine Shop Manager provides leadership and direction to Machine Shop and Machining Operations. Must have strong technical background, supervisory experience and knowledgeable in CNC programming. This position must be able to read blueprints and electrical diagrams and experienced in forklift operations, overhead cranes and rigging of heavy industrial equipment.
- Plan, direct and supervise machine shop operations and workflow including programming, set-up, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, etc. of equipment.
- Set up and run both manual and CNC mills and lathes to exceed production
- Analyze and diagnose machining and tooling problems, machine malfunction, to expedite and coordinate corrective procedures to prevent excessive downtime and interrupted schedules.
- Oversee use of safety devices and equipment, general housekeeping and maintain a consistent alertness, awareness and implement corrective actions for hazardous conditions and practices.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and electrical diagrams and provide coaching and direction to team
- Develop and implement robust processes to ensure product quality, operational efficiencies, production methods, equipment performance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects ranging in scale and duration, working with close tolerances, exotic and diverse materials and unique part tolerances.
- Collaborate with Production Control, Engineering, and Assembly/Test to meet deadlines and ensure workflow is moving in an efficient and productive manner.
- Assign machining tasks/jobs to team and ensure timely completion of Responsible for initiatives like GEMBA, visual factory, scrap material management, quality, safety, etc.
- Professionalism, regular attendance, and punctuality are
- Follows policies and
- Operates safely in all
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Supervisory/ Management Requirements
Directly or indirectly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certificate preferred. Vocational training in mechanics or electronics or equivalent work experience required. Courses or certifications related to supervisory and administrative procedures would be a
- 5-8 years of relevant operations experience in machining required with demonstrated ability to communicate knowledge of machining and machine shop practices to others and maintaining harmonious and engaging culture.
- 3+ years Lean Manufacturing experience
- Functional knowledge of CNC programs Ability to write CNC programs preferred.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office and related
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high-volume environment with multiple
- Must be authorized to work in the United States or applicable country of
- Must be able to work flexible hours across all shifts, weekends, etc based upon business operational demands and may be required to operate across various locations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com