A Company located in Exton, PA is adding a full time Payroll Manager to their team. The Payroll Manager is responsible for the complete process of the weekly payroll, union reporting, and tax payments.
- Review employee time in timekeeping system and make corrections as needed prior to processing weekly payroll
- Process weekly payroll which includes the preparation and payment of weekly, monthly and quarterly multi-state tax returns.
- Preparation and remittance of weekly 401K deferrals and match contributions.
- Preparation and remittance of weekly H S A employee deductions and employer fringe payments to H S A Bank
- Preparation and payment of monthly union dues.
- Track union hours and prepare monthly recap report for project managers
- Prepare and distribute weekly labor utilization report.
- Preparation and remittance of Certified Payroll Report on a weekly basis and the minority report on a monthly basis
- Research and resolve any employee payroll issue as they arise.
- Maintain accurate employee pay, benefit and deduction records in payroll processing system.
- Index and maintain employee records in record keeping system.
- Scan to network drive and file weekly payroll reports, multi-state payroll tax and multi-state union files
- Prepare annual multi-state tax returns, W-2s and 1099 forms for distribution to employees and the proper taxing authorities.
- Maintain procedures for the complete payroll process including preparation of taxes, union reports, and benefit uploads
- Prepare records and files for Union and Insurance audits as required
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation for operating, payroll and money market accounts
- AS Degree in Accounting or related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Payroll processing
- Construction industry experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office 2013, Outlook, Adobe XI Professional, Sage CRE 300/Timberline Payroll, Sage HRMS, HH2, pVault Imaging System preferred)
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must be a positive team player, self-motivated, and flexible, conscientious, detail oriented, well-organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to sit or stand for extensive lengths of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and/or stretch from seated or standing positions.
- Ability to utilize a computer for extensive lengths of time (requiring finger dexterity/visual acuity)
- Ability to hear/see in order to record and prepare communications.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs or more and file in a 5-drawer lateral cabinet
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to travel independently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org