This position is responsible for hands-on to support day-to-day activities that include placing PO’s and do follow-ups, update forecasts, calculate and update MRP data, develop a team and align purchasing strategy. Will also work closely with engineering, project management, and production control teams to align expectations and purchasing strategies. The Procurement Manager will ensure that those strategies are aligned with the organization’s operational and financial objectives. Provides tactical procurement of custom precision machined parts, electro-mechanical components and assemblies, catalog items, subcontracted services.
- Manage organizational Purchasing department & activities, ensure that all KPIs are maintained, and goals are met.
- Lead and support inventory reduction activities, performing analysis, set clear plans and execute them.
- Calculate and update Safety Stock, Reorder Points & Lot Sizes, performing periodical analysis to determine required updates.
- Develop and implement processes as a subject matter expert in ERP system.
- Work closely with our Engineers and Project Managers/Engineers to ensure that our production plans are met.
- Extract data from our ERP database, import into excel and build reports, perform analysis, update KPIs, etc.
- Aggressively increase vendors’ OTD; ensure PO’s delivery dates are updated; implement an effective follow-up strategy.
- Work closely with all teams to ensure the proper support is provided.
- Create strategies for long lead-times materials / vendors, maintaining the planning system with the latest information.
- Support international teams as needed.
- Establish and manage planning strategies for Purchasing based on data analysis of parts consumption, to support the optimization of inventory.
- Establish procedures to identify and correct process deviations that may lead to inventory inaccuracies.
- Responsible for purchases of all direct, indirect, and MRO components and must be willing to adapt to changing environment that is leading continuous improvement.
- Responsible for creating/communicating/managing Purchasing volume forecast with suppliers.
- Responsible for identifying risks to our supply chain, measuring the impact, and communicating proactively to Operations Management for risk mitigation.
- Professionalism, regular attendance, and punctuality are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related areas preferred.
- 4+ years’ Purchasing experience with at least 2 years in a leading role preferred.
- Manufacturing / Production experience and Supply Chain required.
- 4+ years’ ERP & MRP experience required.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Clear understanding of purchasing processes, BOMs, Terms and Conditions, Incoterms, total cost of acquisition, inventory control, and vendor management required.
- Knowledgeable in the use of correct incoterms for International Purchasing, Customs, transportation, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from vendors and other employees.
- Exceptional proficiency with standard Microsoft Office, ERP and related technology.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high-volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States or applicable country of assignment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours across all shifts, weekends.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org