The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the cleaning, sterilizing and processing of the Operating Room instruments.
Director of Nursing
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and prepares the SPD area for the daily workload.
- Performs daily monitoring and recording. Of autoclaves such as biologicals, Bowie Dick tests and graph changes and reports unusual findings to the Director of Nursing.
- Prepares, monitors and records all solutions necessary for sterilization.
- Cleans, assembles and sterilizes the Operating Room instruments in collaboration with the Operating Room team for those items needed that day to optimize the efficiency of the Operating Room schedule.
- Performs routine processing of instruments and items needed for the Operating Room.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the equipment, including, the autoclaves, washer/decontaminator and ultrasonic cleaner.
- Maintains a supply list and notifies the Director of Nursing of needs.
- Maintains proper sterilization records and documents accordingly.
- Assists in procuring items that have been recalled.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance care on instruments.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services; serves on Center committees as requested by the Director of Nursing.
- Exhibits a professional and courteous approach to all patients, practitioners, colleagues and visitors.
- Adheres to Center policies and practices.
- Responds to Center emergencies as appropriate.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of patient and Center activities.
- Arrives promptly for duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Diploma from an accredited program in Sterile Processing
- Previous experience in a Sterile Processing Department.
Other Qualifications and Considerations:
- Occasional need to handle potentially dangerous materials.
- May require unanticipated need to work overtime.
- Ability to hand multiple tasks concurrently.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to teamwork.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org