An insurance underwriting firm located in Tylersport, PA is adding another Underwriting position to their team. Our client is a managing general agent (MGA) that provides traditional and specialized property and casualty insurance programs for agents and brokers nationwide. They offer a variety of general liability (GL) and hired and non-owned auto programs (HNOA).
Previous Underwriting experience is required.
JOB SUMMARY: Review applications for potential insureds within a particular product line as assigned by the company, and accept or decline the applications. Provide quotes, issue policies, and manage accounts once bound.
- Frequent correspondence with brokers via phone and email
- Review and extract information from applications to build underwriting files for new accounts. Reviews loss control reports and actuarial studies to determine acceptable risk and make recommendations to deny coverage when needed
- Prepare quotes and reports for agents
- Underwrite policies for all product lines
- Supervise junior underwriters
- Assist agents with the application process as necessary. Ensure all brokers provide necessary information in a timely manner
- Review all information in the renewal file to prepare it for issuance of a renewal quote
- Manage all new and renewal accounts once bound and policies are issued, including changes/endorsements, special requests, updating of the underwriting file, and audits
- Answer inquiries from policyholders, prospects, and/or agents
- Recommend and implement changes to underwriting policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required
- One to three years of related experience required
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of laws, guidelines, and best practices of insurance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com