Our client, located in Wayne, PA, is looking for a Head of People Services to head its Human Resources Department.
Position/Title: Vice President of People Services
Reports to EVP & CFO
This is a full time, FLSA exempt position, not eligible for overtime, and is responsible for overseeing the day to day administration of the People Services department. The successful individual will be one who possesses high integrity, trustworthiness, communicates effectively, and is able to influence outcomes in a positive way in support of the Company’s needs.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely department response from staff to inquiries from management, team members related to payroll and People Service responsibilities;
- Ensures semi-monthly payroll (Executive, G&A, and Crew payroll) is processed timely and accurately for the entire Company including Federal/State payroll tax administration, state unemployment administration, employee garnishments/court order administration, scheduled pay adjustments, and approved merit pay adjustments. May act as a backup for payroll preparation/processing if needed;
- Ensures monthly enrollments are done when team members become eligible for employee benefit programs of the Company (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, critical illness, accident, disability insurances, 401K program, tuition reimbursement, etc.);
- Ensures recruiting is done efficiently and keeps up with levels of hiring / requirements and ensures best candidates are put forth that support Company culture, meet qualifications, and will bring the highest level of knowledge and experience to each position;
- Works with the job posting process and onboarding processes day to day to ensure efficient hiring of best candidates, minimizing hires that don’t complete their introductory period, ensure legal/regulatory compliance of the onboarding process including I-9 and other governmental/legal requirements;
- Works with departments and oversee the development of Job Descriptions for all Company positions to ensure accurate, current, well written, and able to be used for proper salary grading/administration;
- Produces offer letters, employment contracts (international), to ensure competitive landscape, retain or attract the best talent to accept jobs while taking into account Company economic/cost considerations;
- Ensures the day to day administration of the Company’s FAA/DOT required Drug and Alcohol Program meets regulatory compliance, no fine/violation exposure, voluntary reporting when required, annual FAA MIS report completion, etc.;
- Ensures that all reference checks, PRIA requests, company required background, regulatory required background, criminal history reports, FBI fingerprinting, badging, and HDQ facility access for the Company;
- Ensures the proper administration of the Company relocation assistance program, policy, cost control, etc. as applicable to new hires and internal candidate promotions.
- Ensures compliance with COVID-19 including EPSLA, EFMLA, and all other FFCRA requirements;
- Ensures employee / team member disciplinary actions, separations, etc. are handled properly, prepares release agreements for approval as appropriate, work
- May be asked to participate in audit responsibilities from time to time and to participate in external audit requirements such as FAA D&A, Worker’s Compensation, IRS, DOL, 401K 5500, independent financial auditors, etc.;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of People Services, CFO or President & CEO
C. Education, Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or specific trade school education required;
- At least three (3) or more years overseeing a Human Resources, Employee Services, Labor relations, or People Services organization, airline/aviation industry preferred but not required;
- Must possess high level of personal integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness;
- Must be able to appropriately handle sensitive, confidential information at all times without compromise or bias;
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively; in both oral and written communication;
- SHRM certification, American Payroll Association membership, other related professional association members to maintain currency preferred;
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets the Company’s insurance standards;
- Pass a two (2) year drug and alcohol background check, pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC);
- Eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com