A behavioral health facility, with multiple locations in Upper Bucks County and Philadelphia, is adding a Vice President of Program Services to their team to manage their residential and clinical programs.
Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of progressive experience managing residential programs. Candidates that are looking for that next step in their career, where they can lead a strategic mission as well as continue to perform hands on clinical and residential care are encouraged to apply. This individual will collaborate with directors, administrators and employees across all programs while developing metrics to successfully monitor performance, analyze opportunities for development as well as recommend value creation strategies and initiatives.
A Day in the Life of a VP of Program Services
- Oversee the coordination and delivery of residential and clinical services ensuring all expectations are consistently met; inclusive of daily administrative and operations oversight. This includes clinical quality, quality assurance, financial management, recruitment, retention, employee engagement, communications, compliance, revenue cycle, and general program operations.
- Manage, with a considerable level of independence all programs with a focus on resident engagement, sales and marketing, ensuring staffing ratios and low tenant-resident turnover when appropriate/high occupancy and stable operating costs.
- Create, implement and manage strategy to expand the referral sources for residential programming.
- Develops and monitors programs using verifiable metrics to ensure quality staff support, oversight, and development throughout all programs.
- Oversees and participates in the recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation and disciplinary process for all employees.
- Monitors and ensures all required, regulatory documentation is complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Evaluate market forecasts and long-term trends, collect competitive intelligence, and facilitate business and programmatic model innovation.
- Supervise each program administrator/director and help to create a positive culture where employees, at all levels, are engaged.
- Develops and monitors performance standards of all direct reports and ensures direct supports are ensuring performance standards for program employees and consultants.
- Works along with Program Administrators, Finance and Quality, Safety and Compliance to ensure the right staffing census is filled so that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
- Establish annual strategic plan and goals and objectives. Routinely track metrics to determine success of goals.
- Leads the budget process for each program; inclusive of staffing and expenses.
- Respond to requests for proposals and applications.
- Serves as liaison to regulatory agencies and other entities in the communities where we work and throughout Pennsylvania.
- Is a trusted advisor locally and nationally and participate industry member groups, participate as a member of internal and external committees, participate in speaking engagements, conference panels and trainings.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of Treatment Programs. Ensure adequate therapy productivity hours are met and that individual program members are receiving adequate number of individual and group hours. Ensure that treatment program operation is in compliance with appropriate licensing standards and accreditation. Review and approve discharge and placement plans.
- Is responsible for creating and managing all program policies and procedures.
- Participates in program regulatory audits; ensures staff within each program are in compliance. (I.e. .training is up to date)
The hard skills you need to be successful in this position
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Science or Health Care Administration and professional license in the state of Pennsylvania (LPC, LCSW, LMFT) or a doctoral degree in psychology with a professional license in the State of Pennsylvania
- A minimum of ten (10) years of recent (in the last 10 years) experience in a residential setting. At least seven (7) years of management experience in a residential setting (overseeing 24/7 operation).
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility. Clinical experience with adults with behavioral health, brain injury, substance abuse disorders
- Minimum of 10 years in residential services (overseeing 24/7 operation)
- Working knowledge of Pennsylvania residential care regulations.
- Proven knowledge of how to manage a diverse group of persons.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in behavioral health care field.
The soft skills you need to be successful in this position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Create a tribe that employees want to be a part of to support our residents.
- Ability to ascertain situations quickly and come to productive and successful decisions.
- Have the ability to make fiscally sound decisions without compromising quality of care or affect our staff and services provided.
- Must have excellent Time management skills.
- Must have strong accountability and be a self-starter
- Strong proven experience in culture building
- Hands-on leadership skills
- Keen observation skills.
Previous experience required
- The position is hands-on and the employee must be willing and capable to not only manage and lead, but also directly implement and impact positive outcomes.
- Strong, positive, motivational leadership skills required.
- Building and maintaining multiple strong program teams is a requirement of this position.
- Ability to drive best practices, procedures day one based on the candidate’s prior experience.
- Strong project management skills, with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft office products.
- Strong sense of urgency in completing all tasks while maintaining high quality standards.
- Is approachable, reliable, responsible, and flexible.
- Able to form effective working relationships with residents, families and allies of residents, coworkers, and staff representing external organizations.
- Uses a teamwork style and cooperative posture in working with others.
- Is self assured, with the emotional maturity to withstand the stresses of the position.
- Demonstrates healthy interpersonal boundaries.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com