Daily Schedule: 8:00AM- 4:30PM Monday through Friday
General Summary of Position
Customer service coordinator will maintain accurate inventory and ensure timely freight shipments. This position must interact with customers verbally and written and proactively anticipate customer needs and troubleshoot to ensure efficient transactions and customer satisfaction. Must have strong attention to detail and initiative. This position may involve shipping/receiving, labeling, light assembly, packing and inventory control.
- Use customer web portals to arrange shipments.
- Use UPS, FEDEX, DHL web portals to arrange shipments.
- Creates shipping documents (inspection reports, certificate of compliance) for domestic and international shipments.
- Complete required customs documents forms.
- Ships goods ensuring deadlines are achieved and complete documentation is included.
- Liaise with warehouse.
- Creates packing lists in Microsoft Excel, to submit shipping instructions.
- Follows up with customer requesting shipping instructions on a weekly basis.
- Informs accounting of any freight damages and/or shipping errors.
- Responsible for reviewing open vendor purchase orders and requests shipping status.
- Manages inventory levels using Microsoft Excel.
- Responsible for purchasing Standard inventory components.
- Answer phones.
- Expedite orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to details.
- Able to communicate, write and read English.
- Teamwork – Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Ability to take and follow directions.
- Basic math skills and reading skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Quickbooks)
- Familiar with and able to use hand tools: tape measure, screwdriver, etc.
- Ability and interest to continually come up with process improvement suggestions and systems.
- Ability to show initiative & confidence in actions on the job and take responsibility for personal actions.
- Ability to be self-motivated to grow personally and professionally through on-going training / education as a result of the demands of the position.
- Ability to focus on and meet target goals and objectives.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems before they become significant issues.
- Ability to use clear and concise written communication.
- Complies with all Dooley Gasket and Seal Inc. policies and procedures and PA laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, walk, squat for full work day.
- Generally works indoors, may work outside dealing with extreme heat >85 degrees, extreme cold <32 degrees.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must routinely handle objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org